Women's Caucus Section
Since its inception in 1997, one of the primary objectives of the Women's Caucus Section has been to promote women trial lawyers in all areas of the association. Members of the caucus play instrumental roles in many FJA activities including legislative efforts, the political arena and our CLE program. The caucus works hand in hand with the FJA and its mission of preserving our civil justice system and protecting the rights and safety of Florida's citizens.
Goals of the Women’s Caucus include:
- Build membership and raise the profie of women trial attorneys in the FJA;
- Identify and promote women speakers at Continuing Legal Education Programs and FJA Conventions;
- Identify and promote diversity and minorities in both the Caucus and FJA;
- Identify and encourage women to participate on committees and offices within the Caucus and FJA;
- Develop a directory of FJA Caucus members;
- Facilitate the networking of Women Caucus members, FJA members and members of the Florida Bar;
- Inform and educate Caucus members about ways to strengthen the FJA, the Caucus and their individual practices;
- Present a program at the annual FJA convention or Workhorse Seminar;
- Plan and participate annually in FJA Caucus Lobby Days and to otherwise facilitate and participate in FJA lobbying efforts;
- Participate in the various regional FL PAC Task Forces;
- Publish periodic articles and report upcoming and past events in the FJA Journal;
- Mentor women trial attorneys; and
- Highlight the achievements and accomplishments of FJA Women Caucus members in the profession.
The caucus consists of up to 16 member Board of Directors. The board meets via conference call to which all members of the FJA are invited and encouraged to attend. In addition to other activities, the caucus hosts the Women's Caucus "Lobby Days" in Tallahassee during the legislative session, participates and promotes women speakers at CLE seminars throughout the year and gather at all major FJA events to socialize and network. Membership in the caucus is open to both men and women and is included with your FJA membership.
Table for Eight
The FJA Women’s Caucus is hosting “Tables for Eight” in various cities across the state. Local Women's Caucus members gather at a local restaurant for an evening of conversation and camaraderie. This event is designed to bring together women trial attorneys for an informal, small-group networking meal and serve as a platform for caucus members to get to know each other better, brainstorm strategies to combat the stress of law+family+office, and discuss all the good things in our lives. Click here to see if there are any upcoming Tables for Eight in your area.
Women's Caucus Section Board of Directors
Liggio Law, P.A.
West Palm Beach
McMillen Law Firm, A Professional Assoc.
Swope Law, P.L.
Immediate Past Chair
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen, PLLC
Palm Beach Gardens
Nicole Kruegel - Domnick Cunningham & Whalen; Palm Beach Gardens
Maegen Peek Luka - Newsome Melton, Orlando
Michal Meiler - Ver Ploeg & Marino, P.A., Miami
Adriana Gonzalez - Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., Lake Worth
Jennifer Lettman - Clark, Fountain, LaVista, Prather, & Littky-Rubin, West Palm Beach
Hali Marsocci - Romano Law Group, Lake Worth
At-Large Directors (2020-2021)
Lindsay Gale - Domnick, Cunningham & Whalen, PLLC, Palm Beach Gardens
Diana Martin - Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll - Palm Beach Gardens
Susan Ramsey - Romano Law Group, Lake Worth
Lindsay Reinhart - Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, P.A., West Palm Beach
Takisha Richardson - Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll - Riviera Beach
Mallory Widgren - Paul & Perkins, P.A., Maitland